A new child for the Walden Family

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

we have been approved! 11/14

Yay, in the mail today we got our I-171H which is the USCIS approval to bring one child from Vietnam home with us! Tomorrow I will fax it over to our agency and we will get on the waiting list for a little girl. It seems like forever and we have a long wait to go, but we're that much closer. We've been told the wait is 18-24 months which means in 15 months we will have to pay to have our homestudy updated and get new fingerprints with CIS, unless things change drastically and it doesn't take that long, but atleast we'll be on the list. Hurray!

2 Comments:

  • Congratulations on the I171! I look forward to following along in your adoption. I too am adopting from Vietnam through CHI. We are a ways behind you though...we just got accepted.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:44 PM  

  • I'm so happy for you all! I enjoy reading your adoption blog. I have learned alot about adoption, it's interesting. I also enjoy the pictures you post! Congratulations!
    Stephanie Sydenham

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home