A new child for the Walden Family

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, March 21, 2008

Ending the adoption

Dave and I have decided to end the adoption. Some potential changes to the program have come up that I am not at liberty to discuss in this public way, but that triggered us to evaluate staying in the process.
While I have wanted to adopt for as long as I can remember, this just isn't the right time for us to continue pursuing the adoption. We are both in our 20s so we always have the future if we decide to try to adopt again. I am very sad about stopping now, but it is the right thing to do for our family at this time in our lives.

6 Comments:

  • I cannot begin to imagine what you went through to make this decision. Hopefully things will change for the better in the future, and you will once again pursue an adoption. We are much higher on the list than you (98?), and will hang in there because we do not have many options. Best Wishes for a bright future filled with all the kids you dream of!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:23 AM  

  • Sorry to hear of your decision. I am sure it is very difficult. If you trust God, He will show you what direction to go. There maybe another avenue out there for you guys. Best of luck in fulfilling your dreams.

    By Blogger dwayne and melanie, at 9:48 AM  

  • We are very sorry to hear. I know that this must be very disappointing. We went through an "almost adoption" once ourselves. In God's time we tried again. God's blessings-
    Dave and Val

    By Blogger Dave, at 4:48 PM  

  • I know how hard a decision that had to be for you guys. I wish you the best with everything!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:33 PM  

  • Sorry to hear of your loss, Good luck to you on whatever path is put in front of you.

    By Blogger Ann, at 5:40 AM  

  • Good for people to know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home